Monday, September 8, 2014

ECE AROUND THE GLOBE!

When I first began to think about who I was going to be interviewing I must admit I was a little nervous about sending out a random email and asking someone questions about their early education journey.   As I was perusing though the website options for the alternative to part one I remembered that I had two family members in this field! I have an aunt in Barbados that is a nursery school teacher and and aunt in St. Kitts who is the principal of an elementary school.  I've downloaded a texting app called "Whatsapp" that allows you to text people in other countries free of charge to both parties.  While I'm interested in learning more from both of them in regards to their experiences in this field, finding a third person that I do not have any ties to has suddenly become more intriguing than scary.
  In regards to which organization I decided to study, I picked Harlem Children's Zone.  I picked this because when I was in high school I interned in their fiscal office and other than that sadly I do not know much about what they offer.  I know they have a multitude of programs in the city and they provide many services for children and adults, but that's barely scratching the surface.  As I was going down the list of possible organizations I found it sad that the one place I should know the most about I honestly knew the least.    I could navigate through the zero to three website with ease and can't name three programs the organization I worked for when I was 16-18 provides for the early education community.  That's going to change!

No comments:

Post a Comment